Ooops, where has the time gone?

I haven't posted since November 5th! I think in the year that I've had this blog, that might be the biggest gap between posts - oops.

Well, I suppose that means I have a bit of updating to do. Since we last talked, we've celebrated Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's!

Here's a quick run-down on those holidays...

Thanksgiving was everything we love: food, football and parades! And most of all? A day that has become tradition: a day that we have nothing to do and nowhere to go. Thanksgiving seems to be a holiday that both Johnny and I's parents are visiting our siblings and so we get to have a quiet day at home. This year we woke up and watched the parade in our pj's (from what I remember) and then Johnny set to work making this:
It was a chicken and biscuit bake: it was SO good, this will definitely happen again next year!

And as you can imagine, the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas becomes a whirl-wind of holiday gatherings, food and lots of busyness. Plus, throw in a baby and you've got yourself a heck of a time! Roslynne is really becoming her own little lady these days. She has started eating peas (which she instantly gags at), spinach and sweet potatoes and I'm not sure she's really into food yet, she would rather have a bottle! She's begun to roll all over the place and will roll in her sleep and wake herself up. Oy vey - sleep. Sleep isn't going so well these days. When we used to place her in her basinett at night she would seriously fall asleep instantly and sleep all night, now that she can roll, we put her in her pack n play at night and she'll sleep from about 7-11:30 and will be up for a while and then until 2:30 or so and by that time I will give in and put her in the basinett and she'll sleep until we get up for the day. I know we need to come up with an attack plan and/or let her cry - but I just can't bring myself to do that! It could be worse, right? (gees, as I'm writing this post she just sat up on her own!)

Ok, so Christmas. Christmas was nuts! We had a blast, of course - but it was exhausting! Does anyone else feel like they try to recreate how they used to feel as a kid and are always let down? Is that just me? This year was a lot more fun though, it gave us an excuse to watch Sponge Bob's Christmas, after all. Here is Roslynne on Christmas morning with grandma Dianna and great grandma Emily:
Christmas pajamas from Santa ;)
 
 

I think I will get her a new ornament every year :)
She got the book: Princess Bedtime Stories (Johnny is SO excited about this one.)
 
The weekend after Christmas Roslynne was baptised! (We were just trying to see how much we could cram into the holidays ;) )
 
My best friend, Laura is her godmother and my little brother is her godfather. She has so many wonderful people in her life, this was such a hard decision!



The night was really great, and we finished with pizza and cake!

Ok, I promise to not go this far between posts and will try to do more of them weekly!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's past time.

2017: I'm Coming for Ya.

I think I get it now!