Oh so tired....

I can't believe it's Sunday night already, I'm not even sure we had a weekend! I guess I'll start this post backwards and talk about today and go through our week.


First off, tomorrow is our two year anniversary! I don't know where the time has gone, but we've been married two years and together almost ten! This may sound weird i guess, but I really do love him more today than I did yesterday and each year we're together continues to get better. I told him the other day that no matter how crazy my life may be with family and/or friends or at work, I know I have him to come home to - and that's all that matters. 


Here's us almost ten years ago:

And here's us on our wedding day:

It was such a beautiful COLD day that went so fast and that I wish I could do over again. I say I'd want to do it over because next time I wish I could relax more and enjoy it more than I did, and not be worried about things going wrong or how I looked. But, I know I made the best decision of my life that day by marrying the best man I know. Maybe one day we'll be lucky enough to share this love with a baby, or two, or four. :) 


I came home last Thursday to a beautiful bouquet of flowers!
I haven't gotten flowers from Johnny in a LONG time - so I was very surprised to come home to this AND dinner! He bowls on Thursday nights, but left everything out for me once I got home from bootcamp. He said he figured I'd had a busy week (VERY true) and could use some flowers. 


Other things that happened this week:


Had my nephews blanket finished! I found a blanket that had been embroidered at the farmer's market that said "ISU Baby" and gave it to a friend's mom who does a lot of embroidery so she could put his name on it!

We sent it off to him last week (Thursday I think?) so hopefully it gets to them sometime next week! Now, he'll have the best Iowa thing yet!

Last night we watched the horrible horrible horrible Iowa State game. BUT - I got to eat some real good ribs that Johnny grilled for us! He went to the store earlier that day and brought home all sorts of stuff - his grocery shopping abilities are unique - to say the least! We helped set up for our church's Fall Festival that day and I worked on my cake making skillz for the cake walk that night:

I realize I'm all over tonight... BUT check out our new windows!!


We still have a ways to go though! Trim should be getting ordered this week and the wainscoting hopefully soon too! Just help me decide where everything in the closet should go - where do you store a Christmas tree?? 


I got home tonight from walk with a friend, to this on our step!

Thank goodness for good neighbors and Rae Rae's! She bet there WAS an apple corer and I didn't believe her - turns out, it does exist, who knew!? 


Alright, I think I've gone on quite long enough for one night. I mean, should I be writing my feelings on current news articles or things that are going on in our life in more depth? I know not many people even read this blog and obviously I'm not great at writing, but maybe I'll try to write every few posts as an "In-depth" post on something current to my life or interest. Let's see how this pans out... ok, now I have to go to bed. With my dog. And get up at 5. Is it Friday yet!? Pumpkin carving next weekend!?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's past time.

2017: I'm Coming for Ya.

Friday Eve!